11.19.2005

Nikon D200 digital SLR camera:


A wise former New Yorker keeps updating me on newer and better digital SLRs (much to Bri's chagrin, I'm sure). A few months ago he turned me on to the Canon EOS 20D, which is a super fast (up to 5 frames per second) 8 MP SLR. I had my heart set on it (along with the Canon Zoom Wide Angle-Telephoto EF 24-70mm f/2.8 lens, which would allow me to take night photos almost anywhere) until he told me about the amazing new Nikon. It is just as fast as the Canon but has has 10.2 MP, the highest number available in a non-professional digital SLR ("professional" ones basically only mean thay generally cost at least $2500 for the body, without a lens). And the high quality Nikon lenses typically run hundreds of dollars less than the Canon ones, for some reason. The Nikon Zoom Wide Angle-Telephoto AF Zoom Nikkor 24-85mm f/2.8-4.0 would be a perfect starting point.

No comments: