11.21.2005

Stockholm Groom Center by Hommage:




Industrial and product designer Wolfgang Joensson, who has worked at Pentagram (the design firm responsible for the look of Jon Stewart's book America and the Pantone brand identity) and with Louis Vuitton Moët-Hennesy, has created the coolest shaving tools around. The Hommage line of luxury shaving tools are smart, too. Stockholm’s ergonomically-crafted, cast zinc alloy razor and brush magnetically attach to the weighted stand. The razor has an inner weight that gives it "perfect balance" and it's compatible with Gillette MACH3 blades, which ensure a great shave. Ah, the perfect marriage of function and form.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, people... guess how much this costs...

Wisdom Weasel said...

It probably costs less than a replacement 8 pack of those bloody Mach 3 blades- Gillette executives are retiring on my contributions. It is gorgeous, though I have to admit the magnets make me a little nervous and how well does the zinc alloy hold up to hard water/shaving soap splashes? I'm not always as punctillious about cleaning the handles etc of my razors as I should be...