9.22.2006

Animal Shadows Vynil wall stickers by Domestic:



Without Penguin's arrival to prepare for, I have plenty of time to hunt for adorable products for a future baby (I'm trying to look on the bright side here, folks).

Yesterday I came across these great wall stickers by the French design company Domestic. I'm not a fan of most of the wall stickers out there (is it just me or is there a new company with wall stickers emerging every day?). Most of them are boring or pointless and the "kid" ones are all a little too expected.

Domestic's Vinyl line is the exception, though. They've invited a dozen or so international designers to create unexpected and hip wall art. Animal Shadows, by industrial designers Ana Mir and Emili Padros, will be perfect in future baby's nursery. Available from the great Canadian store ModernKid for $45.

1 comment:

Wisdom Weasel said...

These are fantastic; cute enough for les enfants and yet not too cloying for grown-ups.

When I was a nipper my mum decorated the walls of my bedroom with a frieze of multiplication tables that she wrote out in her incredibly neat hand on plain white paper (it looked like Berlins Sans FB). I don't recall having an opinion whether they were cool or not but I remember thinking they were pretty fantastic and fun to recite as I lay in bed and the light faded outside.