5.12.2006

A condo on NYC's High Line:



The unused elevated railroad tracks in the Meat Packing district, called the High Line, are about to be turned into a gorgeous park designed by landscape design firm Field Operations and the uber-hip architecture firm Diller Scofidio + Renfro. And so of course all the warehouse buildings in the surrounding area are now being turned into condos. Some of the buildings have already been completely sold, even though the first section of the park won't be completed until 2008.
My favorite of the new conversions is being called HighLine 519. They have a 3 bedroom, 2.5 bath 2,500 sq. ft. duplex condo with a private 500 sq ft. terrace. Price tag? Approximately $2 mill. (which is actually about $600,000 cheaper than the new designer Boerum Hill, Brooklyn townhouses that Bri covets. It's also about 1,000 square feet smaller, though. But come on, 2,500 sq. feet is much more than adequate. It's enough room for at least one more dog.)

4 comments:

Bill Norris said...

I think the Swiss ex might know someone involved in that design project...

Wes said...

Really?!? Can she get us a deal?

Wisdom Weasel said...

His Holiness the Bowie is curating an art festival centered on the High Line next May, culminating in a couple of concerts. If you hurry up and get that condo I'll trade you a week on the Maine coast for a patch of floor for my sleeping mat...

Wes said...

If I own that condo by next Spring you'll know that either I'm about to go to jail because I've done something very illegal or I'm in mourning because my dad has died. But, if either of these is the case, you can definitely have a patch of floor. Even if we aren't in that condo, you can have a spot at our place.