8.22.2005

Gentoo penguin baby:



I am a sucker for basically any baby animals. Give me a puppy or a baby elephant and I coo like an idiot. Ever since seeing the movie March of the Penguins, I can't stop thinking about those little fuzzy baby penguins. Unlike the Emperor penguins in the movie, Gentoo penguin parents usually stay together throughout the year and they habitate less remote areas of Antartica. There are tons of them on the Antarctic Peninsula, the piece of land that sticks up close to South America. Which means that when we take our Antarctic cruise someday (soon, I hope) I will get to see hundreds of them (and maybe I'll bring one home).

1 comment:

Martha said...

Since seeing March of the Penguins, I've had to convince my husband that tucking our baby under his belly to keep her warm will NOT be an option.